Born on this day in 1861, Rabindranath Tagore was an Indian polymath – poet, writer, playwright, composer, philosopher, social reformer, and painter.
Did you know that:
• Pyotr Ilyich Tchaikovsky was a Russian composer of the Romantic period born on this day in 1840
• Joseph Winters received a patent for the fire escape ladder on this day in 1878
• José Álvaro Osorio Balvín, better known as J Balvin, is a Colombian reggaeton singer born on this day in 1985
• Chiara Ferragni, is an Italian entrepreneur, fashion blogger, influencer, and designer born on this day in 1987
• Alexander Ludwig is a Canadian actor and singer born on this day in 1992
// Compiled by Zoya Siddiqui