Kanye West is an American rapper, singer, record producer, businessman, politician, and fashion designer born on this day in 1977.
Did you know that:
• Giovanni Cassini, a French astronomer who discovered the moons of Saturn was born on this day in 1625
• Commercially made ice cream was first advertised on this day in 1786
• William Hyde Wollaston invented the first reflective goniometer on this day in 1809
• Ives McGaffey patented a carpet sweeping machine on this day in 1869, the first patent for a device that cleaned rugs
• Shilpa Shetty is an Indian actress, film producer, dancer, author, businesswoman, and former model born on this day in 1975
// Compiled by Zoya Siddiqui