Dubai: Amazon has announced that Prime members in the UAE saved more than any previous Prime Day during this year’s 48-hour event earlier this week on Amazon.ae, with thousands of epic deals across every category including electronics, fashion, beauty, kitchen, home, Amazon Devices, and more.
Prime members in the UAE joined members around the world as they purchased more than 300 million items worldwide during Prime Day 2022, making this year’s event the biggest Prime Day event in Amazon’s history. More shopping means more savings—Prime members around the world saved over USD 1.7 billion, more than any previous Prime Day event. This year was also the biggest Prime Day event for Amazon’s selling partners around the world, most of whom are small and medium-sized businesses, whose sales growth in Amazon’s stores outpaced Amazon’s retail business.
Stefano Martinelli, GCC Retail Director, Amazon, said: “We are extremely excited to have delivered incredible savings once again to our growing family of Prime members in the UAE, with another great year of deals during our fourth Prime Day event on Amazon.ae. Our members across the UAE received their Prime Day orders with Free Same-Day and Free One-Day delivery options, as they shopped thousands of deals across local and international brands, including deals from Amazon US and Amazon UK, and deals from local business owners. The success of Prime Day was made possible once again because of the support of our employees, sellers, partners, and I want to give a big thank you to all of them for making this a Prime Day to remember.”
UAE shopping trends around Amazon’s Prime Day event included:
Featuring incredible savings for members, with new deals dropping throughout the 48-hour Prime Day event across categories on Amazon.ae, Prime members in the UAE had the opportunity to save big this Prime Day.
- Prime members in the UAE saved more than on any previous Prime Day during Prime Day 2022
- Customers who were both Prime members in the UAE and Mastercard card debit or credit card holders also enjoyed an additional discount of up to 20% off on Prime Day orders between July 23 and 24.
- Customers who were Prime members in the UAE and ADCB Mastercard card debit or credit card holders enjoyed an additional discount of up to 30% off on Prime Day orders between July 23 and 24.
- Best-selling Amazon Devices in the UAE include the Echo Dot, Kindle, Kindle Paperwhite, and Ring cameras.
Prime Day Best Sellers
Members enjoyed incredible Prime Day deals on best-selling items on Amazon.ae, across a variety of categories. including electronics, home, kitchen, fashion, beauty, and more.
Some of the best-selling products and best-selling categories in the UAE, excluding Amazon Devices, included:
- Top purchased products by members in the UAE during Prime Day included the Samsung Galaxy Note20, Hugo Boss eau de toilette for men, Elizabeth Arden eau de parfum for women, L’Oreal Paris liquid moisturizer, Neutrogena face moisturizer, Persil Power Gel liquid laundry detergent, Duracell batteries, Maybelline concealer, Philips Multigroom Series 7000, Whiskas pet food, and Finish dishwasher cleaner.
- Best-selling categories in the UAE during Prime Day included beauty, grocery, health & personal care, home, and baby.
Supporting Local Businesses
- During the 48-hour Prime Day event, Prime members also discovered and connected with local sellers by shopping Prime Day deals available on the curated ‘Shop Local’ collection at www.amazon.ae/shoplocal.
Operations and Delivery
Fast, free delivery of Prime Day orders was made possible thanks to Amazon’s operations network present in the UAE, which is powered by a combination of innovative technology, optimized transportation services, dedicated employees, and partners. In the lead-up to Prime Day 2022, Amazon opened its largest delivery station in Abu Dhabi, bringing advanced last-mile delivery technology to the capital and providing the convenience of Same-Day and One-Day deliveries to customers, including those located in outer areas, such as Al Samha, Al Shawamekh, Yas and Saadiyat Islands, Bani Yas, and Al Wathba. With a strong fulfilment network, eight delivery stations and a network of Delivery Service Partners across the UAE, Amazon continues to build and scale this network in UAE, while focusing on the safety, well-being, and career advancement of the people across the operations network who make it all possible. Prime members in the UAE also enjoyed Free International Shipping from Amazon US and UK via the Amazon.ae Global Store, with no minimum purchase during Prime Day.
Joining Prime Amazon Prime Day saving Amazon Prime Day saving
Anyone can join Prime for AED 16/month, save by purchasing an AED 140 annual membership, or start a 30-day trial for free at www.amazon.ae/prime to get access to fast and free shipping benefits, exclusive deals, enjoy entertainment with Prime Video and Prime Gaming, and gain access to exclusive offers with Amazon Home Services, Deliveroo Plus, Anghami, and more.