Dubai is set to host a grand total of 19 retail festivals over the course of 2021, officials unveiled earlier this month, including a range of distinctive events, activities and experiences across the emirate to revitalise its economic and tourism sectors.
The annual calendar will pan out to support businesses operating in retail and tourism, as well as work in tandem to attract Dubai residents and visitors to a unique set of destinations, and shopping hubs.
With the launch of the Dubai Fitness Challenge 2020, and in addition to the Festival of Lights “Diwali” celebrations, as well as rounding the year of with the upcoming National Day cheer, the announcement grounds the city’s position as a leading destination for shopping and tourism through the changing seasons.
The emirate has been lauded for its quick and effective tackling of the virus, curbing the “Covid-19” repercussions in due time, and assuring a safe haven that welcomes visitors from around the world, confirming its commitment and flexibility in facing challenges.
The calendar will bring in a wide range of anticipated events, shopping festivals, family promotions and unique experiences that bring happiness to the city’s residents and visitors.
This line up includes festivals, events and promotions for special occasions such as the “Diwali” festival of lights, Chinese New Year and many more.
Yearly crazes like the “Dubai Fitness Challenge”, a health initiative that gains more ground with each passing, and the “Dubai Food Festival”, celebrating the world of flavours and tantalising tastes will carve their unique spots as always.
Students and parents can load their carts full of supplies for the new academic year at the Back to School event, and home decor buffs can ogle booming sales at the Dubai Furniture Festival 2021.
Keep an eye out for these dates!
- Dubai Shopping Festival: (17 December 2020 – 30 January 2021) The festival, which is one of the largest and longest-running shopping festivals, returns to provide exceptional retail and entertainment experiences in addition to many promotions and mega raffles.
- Chinese New Year (January 31 – February 13) Set to celebrate the Chinese communities who call UAE their home. This event includes entertainment shows, fireworks displays, cultural activities and promotions inside shopping centers.
- Dubai Food Festival ( February 25 – March 13 ) This event reflects the diversity of the city’s restaurants and cuisine scene. The Dubai Food Festival offers many culinary arts and international flavors with daily gastronomic and dining experiences.
- “Ramadan & Eid-Al-Fitr (April 12 – May 15 ) The Islamic month and festival will be celebrated in Dubai through a group of family events and retail offers etc, alongside three days of major discounts of up to 90 percent over three days at shopping destinations across Dubai.
- Dubai Summer Surprises (24 June – September 4) A hub of promotions and family entertainment activities, exclusive shopping offers and mega raffles that allow shoppers the opportunity to win valuable prizes.
- Eid-Al-Adha (19 – 24 July) Set to display authentic Emirati customs and traditions, with several distinct activities held in addition to promotional offers on this happy occasion.
- Back to school (August 15 – September 4) Mega sales on stationery and school supplies throughout malls and retail stores that will offer shoppers the opportunity to purchase requirements at affordable prices.
- Diwali (29 October – 13 November) An occasion to celebrate the vast Indian in UAE with a display of events, activities, promotions, fireworks, live shows and packages on food and beverages and “Three Days of Big Sale.”
[Sourced from Agencies]